Brand: Savory Spice Shop
- Made from genuine Goat’s Horn Chiles (aji cacho de cabra), medium-spicy pepper that is native to Chile.
- Authentic ingredients bring great flavor to your favorite dishes. Merquen is a traditional ingredient in indigenous Mapuche cuisine from the present-day regions of south-central Chile and southwestern Argentina.
- The rich, smoky Goat's Horn chile peppers are perfectly balanced by a touch of salt and warm-citrus notes of coriander to create the famed Merquen (Merkén) flavor.
- The chiles, a variety of Capsicum annuum, are dried naturally in the sun then smoked over a wood fire and ground to a coarse texture.
- Savory Spice was founded in 2004 in Denver, Colorado. We’ve been grinding, blending and smoking premium spices for 16 years and counting! Experienced where it matters– with great flavors.
Details: Merquen (Merkén) spice mix was originally created by the proud indigenous people of the Mapuche Tribe. Now their humble creation is highly sought after around the globe. We make Savory Spice Chilean Merquen Seasoning from 3 ingredients: dried and smoked aji cacho de cabra (goat's horn red pepper), salt, and ground coriander. Don't let the simplicity fool you: this spice blend delivers on flavor. The smoky, earthy, bittersweet flavor of the chile peppers is perfectly balanced by the light touch of salt and warm-citrus notes of the coriander. Its coarse texture is similar to other crushed peppers like Red, Aleppo and Urfa. With its smoky flavor, think of Merquen as your new go-to condiment to elevate a normal dish to one that is a little more exotic. From pizza to chili to burgers, the possibilities are endless! Other uses: As a dry rub on beef, chicken, duck, lamb, pork, tofu or seafood before grilling or smoking. Sprinkle on carrots, lentils, potatoes and other sauteed or roasted vegetables. To flavor purees, sauces, soups and stews. For seasoning savory pies including hand pies and empanadas. Make traditional Chilean dishes like Pebre y Chancho en Piedra (Chilean salsa), Chacarero Chilean Steak Sandwich and Charquican. Tie a few tablespoons in cheesecloth or a muslin bag to use as pickling spice or brining spice for poultry, pork or vegetables. Alternatively, use the same tying method for crab, crawfish or shellfish boils. Add a hint of spiciness to fresh ceviche, chimichurri, guacamole and salsas. A flavorful topping to poke and protein bowls. Sprinkle on snacks, like olives, peanuts and popcorn to change the ordinary to extraordinary. Add to olive oil for bread dipping or sprinkle onto croutons before baking. Fold into cream cheese or other soft cheeses to create tasty spreads. Add a tablespoon or two into a cup of mayo with a splash of lime juice for an easy, flavorful dip. To add robust, smoky flavor to Bloody Mary cocktails.
Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 6.0 x 1.1 inches